I thought at first that it was a waterfall of lava in Hawaii. It’s not. It’s a waterfall of water -specifically, Horsetail Falls in Yosemite National Park - but with the sun hitting it just right. This effect can only be seen for a few days in February, at sunset. Photographer Nader Beheshti spent every weekend in February 2011 trying to line up this shot and caught it on the very last day of the month. I think it was worth it.
Sean D. Daily has lived in four states and once reported on a tornado in New Jersey, of all things. He now lives in Las Vegas, where he's writing the novel "Crossing the Line" and the comic book "Sidestep".
- Good morning! 32 and sunny here in Las Vegas. Hope your Wednesday isn't quite as creepy as this. ow.ly/rFjB2 h/t @Barcroft_TV 4 hours ago
- Let us help you choose the ring saw blade that's right for YOU - ow.ly/rD5JU #water 19 hours ago
- Good morning! 28 and sunny here in Las Vegas. Make sure you look your best today, like this guy. ow.ly/rD2Rv h/t @diagonalview 1 day ago
- Just another manic Monday - ow.ly/rAXix #Monday #ManicMonday #Bangles 2 days ago
- Good morning! 32 and sunny here in Las Vegas. Hope you had a better weekend than this guy. youtube.com/watch?v=AvY-R8… h/t @failblog 2 days ago