I thought at first that it was a waterfall of lava in Hawaii. It’s not. It’s a waterfall of water -specifically, Horsetail Falls in Yosemite National Park - but with the sun hitting it just right. This effect can only be seen for a few days in February, at sunset. Photographer Nader Beheshti spent every weekend in February 2011 trying to line up this shot and caught it on the very last day of the month. I think it was worth it.
Sean D. Daily has lived in four states and once reported on a tornado in New Jersey, of all things. He now lives in Las Vegas, where he's writing the novel "Crossing the Line" and the comic book "Sidestep".
- Boss just said that #BarackObama is going to sacrifice our firstborns. I honestly can't tell if he's joking anymore. 1 day ago
- Chocolate Claymation... I Can Die Happy Now wp.me/p1YWik-Kz 1 day ago
- Good morning! 66 and sunny here in Las Vegas. Hope you make something cool today, like this. ow.ly/lk1C1 h/t @failblog 1 day ago
- .@watersecurity: Experts urge #water's inclusion in upcoming #Sustainable #Development Goals (#SDGs) | Reuters goo.gl/ZKuoZ 2 days ago
- @earth_warming: Soil & Range Managment: The Key to Reducing CO2 - s.shr.lc/fsKeGO h/t @LandFight and @LucGnacadja 2 days ago