Sean D. Daily has lived in four states and once reported on a tornado in New Jersey, of all things. He now lives in Las Vegas, where he's writing the novel "Crossing the Line" and the comic book "Sidestep".
- .@watersecurity: Experts urge #water's inclusion in upcoming #Sustainable #Development Goals (#SDGs) | Reuters goo.gl/ZKuoZ 3 hours ago
- @earth_warming: Soil & Range Managment: The Key to Reducing CO2 - s.shr.lc/fsKeGO h/t @LandFight and @LucGnacadja 6 hours ago
- The World's Most Indecisive Turnstile Jumper wp.me/p1YWik-Kw 11 hours ago
- Good morning! 73 and sunny here in Las Vegas. Hope you do something cool today, like this. ow.ly/lhzEq h/t @Notepad_plus 11 hours ago
- .@spgroff: Tapped Out: Solving Asia's #Water Crisis - ADB's Take | j.mp/12qLNeK 1 day ago
Category Archives: Music
Our alien invasion theme continues this week with “Invasion of the Dragonmen” by Man or Astroman? Admit it. An invasion of dragonmen (surfing dragonmen, apparently) would totally rock. Kinda makes me look forward to the end of the world this … Continue reading
Looks like this is turning into alien invasion week. Had to happen sometime, I guess – the alien invasion, I mean. From the Twinkeyz. h/t Brian Turner at WFMU.
My brother Brian was the real metalhead of the family. I know I put on a good show but, really, I’m just a dabbler. And as a dabbler, there were bands that my brother loved but that truly scared me … Continue reading
Find out more about Yapa and Victor Démé. h/t World Music – the Music Travel and Kweli.
From the UK punk band the Notsensibles. h/t Brian Turner at WFMU.
This is of course a cover of the Smiths‘ 1986 song. You purists out there will hate me for this, but I prefer the Dum Dum Girls‘ version more. The Dum Dum Girls seem to be pouring a lot more emotion … Continue reading
Moses Melkonian (Facebook) came to my acquaintance when he liked one of the posts on my blog. I’m glad he did. He’s good. This is his first video, Like Gods – a mellow song that starts to grow teeth around … Continue reading
I have heard this song exactly once, on WFMU, and I’m glad I did. It’s from the Knockouts (Facebook) of Luton, Bedfordshire, UK, off their album The Remarkable Sounds of India. I don’t know what possessed them to turn Hindi-language … Continue reading
More from Cory McAbee, this time from the band that he fronts, The Billy Nayer Show. Having never been to northern Nevada, I can’t vouch for any of the landmarks that Cory namechecks in this video. However, I think it is … Continue reading
h/t to Evan “Funk” Davies of WFMU.