Sean D. Daily has lived in four states and once reported on a tornado in New Jersey, of all things. He now lives in Las Vegas, where he's writing the novel "Crossing the Line" and the comic book "Sidestep".
- Good morning! 32 and sunny here in Las Vegas. Hope your Wednesday isn't quite as creepy as this. ow.ly/rFjB2 h/t @Barcroft_TV 3 hours ago
- Let us help you choose the ring saw blade that's right for YOU - ow.ly/rD5JU #water 18 hours ago
- Good morning! 28 and sunny here in Las Vegas. Make sure you look your best today, like this guy. ow.ly/rD2Rv h/t @diagonalview 1 day ago
- Just another manic Monday - ow.ly/rAXix #Monday #ManicMonday #Bangles 2 days ago
- Good morning! 32 and sunny here in Las Vegas. Hope you had a better weekend than this guy. youtube.com/watch?v=AvY-R8… h/t @failblog 2 days ago
Category Archives: Music
Just heard this on Bryce‘s show on WFMU, and I had to share. This is Dan Deacon‘s “Of the Mountains,” off his 2009 album Bromst. By the way… why aren’t you pledging some money to WFMU? Getcher ass over there … Continue reading
Gods, I can’t tell you how much I love “The Ballad of Eddie Freedom”. It exists in some weird and wonderful realm from whence punk, folk, country and drunken heroic skalds all issue. And Jesus is it filthy there – not … Continue reading
There’s a school of hip-hop that I particularly like. You can almost call it angsty – hip-hop’s answer to emo – but in all the right ways. It looks inward and catalogs the artist’s dark and broken parts, not as … Continue reading
Jimi Hendrix was reportedly a big science-fiction fan – I’ve even read that Purple Haze was inspired by a story where someone zaps people with a purple ray – so his inclusion in Alien Invasion Week is appropriate. I’m not sure if Jimi … Continue reading
Everyone always assumes that the aliens have nothing better to do than invade Earth and serve man, preferably with red wine. (I know that’s what a supposedly smart guy like Stephen Hawking thinks…). Me? I’m not convinced. I mean, why … Continue reading
Our alien invasion theme continues this week with “Invasion of the Dragonmen” by Man or Astroman? Admit it. An invasion of dragonmen (surfing dragonmen, apparently) would totally rock. Kinda makes me look forward to the end of the world this … Continue reading
Looks like this is turning into alien invasion week. Had to happen sometime, I guess – the alien invasion, I mean. From the Twinkeyz. h/t Brian Turner at WFMU.
My brother Brian was the real metalhead of the family. I know I put on a good show but, really, I’m just a dabbler. And as a dabbler, there were bands that my brother loved but that truly scared me … Continue reading
Find out more about Yapa and Victor Démé. h/t World Music – the Music Travel and Kweli.